Thursday 22 May 2014

INSPIRED // Things I like Thursday


Happy Thursday! Here a few things that made me happy this week.

One of my biggest struggles is taking photos of projects I complete. I have a fancy camera, so the photos should automatically be good right? WRONG. Elise Blaha gives some great tips for photographing babies (and pretty much anything) on her blog this week. Everything she does looks so flawless!

My Instagram was flooded with photos from the National Stationary Show that was held this week in NYC. My favorite is Emily McDowell. She and Amanda of Whit & Whistle make me want to design cards.

Since getting engaged recently (OMG, I know) I have this fantasy of knitting all of my bridesmaids sweet cardigans to wear over their dreamy mint green dresses at our perfectly mild fall wedding. But then I remembered I only like to knit in straight lines and hate counting. So enters THIS easy, light, lacy shawl. It's currently a work in progress - I'll keep you posted.

Do you think it would be appropriate to store both wine and yarn in this "wine rack" method of yarn storage?

I used to say "I'm not creative - I just like to draw". What a kooky thing to say! If you're feeling silly like that, this article in YES Magazine will have you thinking differently.

When I'm not knitting and watching British period dramas (re: Downton Abbey + Call the Midwife) I'm cooking, eating and reading my one and ONLY magazine subscription: Bon Appetit. It inspires me to cook great food and enjoy every second of the process. It also inspires me to travel to far away places and indulge in local cuisine. Interested? Check out this internet feature on where to eat and drink in Barcelona.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment